This week’s half-price, easy reader ‘eBook of the Week’ offer is not one ebook, but three – a TRILOGY of stories about our medieval detective, Anselmo.
Each of the three stories is level C1/2 (advanced), so suitable for students who already have experience reading and listening to Italian. Each one is priced at £3.99 (get them all, why not, for £11.97!)
Here’s some information about the first in the series, and links to all three, for those who might have already read that one…
Meet Anselmo the apothecary, one of the few educated men of his day. And it’s because of his learning that he’s occasionially called upon by the powerful when they need help resolving their problems.
This time, the apothecary’s task is to discover who was behind the killing of the Pope’s son. Certainly a learned man should be able to figure it out! An important political alliance depends on his answer, not least the unity of the Borgias themselves, a powerful ruling family who are famous for their power struggles and indfidelities.
As Anselmo soon learns, though, it appears to be in nobody’s interest for him to actually find the truth. And in an age in which only power really matters, he’s playing a dangerous game…
- .pdf e-book (+ audio available free online)
- .mobi (Kindle-compatible) and .epub (other ebook readers) available on request at no extra charge – just add a note to the order form or email us
- 8 chapters to read and listen to
- Comprehension questions to check your understanding
- Italian/English glossary of ‘difficult’ terms for the level
- Suitable for students at intermediate or advanced levels
- Download your Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
This is Volume 1 in the Anselmo trilogy. Volume 2 is Anselmo e la moglie spagnola and volume 3 is Anselmo e l’avvelenamento del Papa. Buy any title in the Anselmo Trilogy this week and save 50%, or read them all!
- Anselmo e l’omicidio di Giovanni Borgia (C1/2) | Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
- Anselmo e la moglie spagnola (C1/2) | Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
- Anselmo e l’avvelenamento del Papa (C1/2) | Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
Don’t forget, these three titles are C-level, so advanced. Please check out the FREE sample chapters linked to above before you buy.
If your Italian isn’t yet up to Anselmo, browse our online Catalog to find something more suitable.
How do I access my ebook?
When your order is ‘completed’ (normally immediately after your payment), a download link will be automatically emailed to you. It’s valid for 7 days and 3 download attempts so please save a copy of the .pdf ebook in a safe place. Other versions of the ebook, where available, cannot be downloaded but will be emailed to people who request them. There’s a space to do that on the order form – where it says Additional information, Order notes (optional). If you forget, or if you have problems downloading the .pdf, don’t worry! Email us at the address on the website and we’ll help. Also, why not check out our FAQ?
Tuesday’s FREE bulletin of ‘easy’ Italian news was published a few hours ago.
Subscribers will have already received their free copy via email. If you didn’t, why not subscribe, too?
That’s also FREE!