If you have been enjoying our ‘Classic Italian Literature’ series of easy reader ebooks (‘Le avventure di Pinocchio‘, ‘Uno, nessuno e centomila‘, ‘I Malavoglia‘, and ‘La coscienza di Zeno‘), don’t miss the newest one, perhaps the most famous Italian novel of them all, ‘I promessi sposi‘!
Said to be the most famous and widely-read Italian novel, Alessandro Manzoni’s romantic blockbuster, first published in 1827, is set in the early seventeenth century during the oppressive years of Spanish rule.
Renzo and Lucia are engaged to be wed, but the comely maiden has caught the eye of the local Spanish overlord, who sends a pair of heavies to intimidate the village priest into not performing the marriage. The couple have no choice but to flee their homes in the hope of finding safety…
Check out the Free Sample Chapter (.pdf) to get an idea of the length, level and format of the material.
Save the Free Sample Chapter (.pdf) on your computer, tablet or smartphone, or print it to study in the traditional way – it contains a link to the online audio, which means you can listen to the whole story for FREE online, even if you decide not to buy the full version!
As always with new ebooks, ‘I promessi sposi‘ is 25% off the usual ‘easy reader’ price of £7.99 this first week, so just £5.99!
- .pdf e-book (+ audio available free online)
- .ePub and .mobi (Kindle-compatible) versions available at no extra cost (just ask at the time of your order, or email us)
- 8 chapters to read and listen to
- Comprehension questions to check your understanding
- Italian/English glossary of words you might not know
- Suitable for students at intermediate level or above
- LAUNCH OFFER (until 05/07/20) just £5.99!
- Download the Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
Your ebook will be emailed to you within 24 hours of purchase.