Learn Italian with parallel texts: an original story in Italian with an accompanying English translation!
Who hasn’t now heard of Raffaello, one of the most famous Italian painters? But he wasn’t always so well-known.
This original Italian/English parallel text, ‘Un giorno con Raffaello’ introduces us to Raffaello early in his career when, one morning, he receives an unexpected letter…
- .pdf e-book
- original text in Italian / translation in English
- 8 short chapters to read and study
- Suitable for students at any level
- Download your Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
How do I access my ebook?
When your order is ‘completed’ (normally immediately after your payment), a download link will be automatically emailed to you. It’s valid for 7 days and 3 download attempts so please save a copy of the .pdf ebook in a safe place. Other versions of the ebook, where available, cannot be downloaded but will be emailed to people who request them. There’s a space to do that on the order form – where it says Additional information, Order notes (optional). If you forget, or if you have problems downloading the .pdf, don’t worry! Email us at the address on the website and we’ll help. Also, why not check out our FAQ?
Parallel Texts – How To View The Chapters Side-By-Side!
Viewing the chapters of your parallel text ebook side by side (so as to compare the different languages) is not hard, but probably won’t happen automatically.
There are a few simple, free things you’ll need to do first.
The file is a .pdf so will open with whatever the default .pdf reader on your device is.
These can vary and will probably NOT show the chapters side-by-side, as intended.
For this reason, we recommend the free Adobe Reader, which is installed on many computers in any case.
If you don’t have it, download it here (though I’d suggest un-checking the ‘Optional Offers’…)
Once you have Adobe Reader installed, this is what you do:
- Download the file
- Don’t just click on it or it will open in a browser, which probably works differently
- Instead, view it in your device’s downloads file
- Open with Adobe Reader (right click on the file, choose ‘Open with’, select Adobe Reader)
- In Adobe Reader…
- Look in the menu (at the top) for ‘View’, then choose ‘Page display’
- Choose ‘two page view’ (for the parallel text) or ‘single page view’ for normal documents
- Use ‘View’ / ‘Read mode’ to make the text larger or smaller so that it fits your screen
- Use the ‘zoom’ and ‘page up/down’ buttons to navigate through the book
Zsuzsanna Snarey (verified owner) –
Interesting story, well written and containing a fair amount of dialogue. I have already bought the book with the option to listen and the translation helped me to understand the text better.
Dennis Thygesen (verified owner) –
Five stars. Un modo ottimo ad imparare una lingua straniera ..
George cestaro –
I never received my rafello e book though I paid for it last week. Please let me know what occurred. You did e mail me on what I thought of it!!!
I’ve just resent the email with the ebook, George. It was sent on 12th June, within 24 hours of your order, as promised.
Mike Jolly –
Nicely written with grammar appropriate for this level. Interesting vocabulary.