There are two reasons to buy a phrase book:
1. You’re planning a trip to Italy (or are already there)
2. To study the phrases
Learning phrases in situations can make a refreshing change from studying grammar or taking a more traditional course. For beginners, it’s a way to learn some essential survival Italian as quickly as possible. For those who already know some Italian, it can be a way of expanding your vocabulary and consolidating your grammar.
Buy this book, print it out and study it! Or keep it on your tablet or computer to refer to when you expect to find yourself in one of the situations it deals with.
- At the airport/In aeroporto
- At the bar/Al bar
- At the barber or hairdresser’s shop/Dal barbiere o parrucchiere
- At the beach/In spiaggia
- In a bookshop/In libreria
- At the clothes shop/Al negozio di abbigliamento
- At the dry-cleaners and tailor shop/Al lavasecco e in sartoria
- In the food shop or at the market/Nel negozio di alimentari o al mercato
- At the hotel/In albergo
- In an ice-cream shop/In gelateria
- At the internet cafe/All’internet point
- At the pharmacist’s shop/In farmacia
- At the police station/In questura
- At the pub or in a club/Al pub o in un club
- To rent a room or a flat/Per affittare una camera o un appartamento
- At the restaurant/Al ristorante
- At the shoe shop/Al negozio di calzature
- In the snow/Sulla neve
- At the station ticket window/Alla biglietteria della stazione
- In the street/In strada
- At the theatre ticket box/Al botteghino
- At the tobacco shop/In tabaccheria
- At the wellness centre and Spa/Nel centro benessere e Spa
How do I access my ebook?
When your order is ‘completed’ (allow up to 24 hours), a download link will be automatically emailed to you. It’s valid for 7 days and 3 download attempts so please save a copy of the .pdf ebook in a safe place. Other versions of the ebook (.mobi/Kindle-compatible, .epub) cannot be downloaded but will be emailed to people who request them.