An original Italian easy reader by Giovanni Galavotti
‘Per un pugno di dollari’, directed by Sergio Leone and starring Clint Eastwood, was filmed in the deserts of Spain and released in Italy in 1964. The film wasn’t the first of the so-called ‘spaghetti western’ genre, but did a lot to popularise this rethinking of what was, by then, the rather tired western format. Two further films followed, and the trilogy was released in 1967 in the USA – at which point the director and many of the cast took on American-sounding stage names so as to seem more familiar to moviegoers.
Giovanni Galavotti’s re-telling of the story of the film for learners of Italian makes a great introduction before watching the movie itself (ideally in Italian!) Or it can be used simply as supplementary reading/listening material which, for lovers of the wild west, is guaranteed to liven up your study program!
- .pdf e-book (+ audio available free online)
- .mobi (Kindle-compatible) and .epub (other ebook readers) available on request at no extra charge – just add a note to the order form or email us
- 8 chapters to read and listen to
- Comprehension questions to check your understanding
- Italian/English glossary of ‘difficult’ terms for the level
- Suitable for students at B1/B2 level and above
- Download your Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
How do I access my ebook?
When your order is ‘completed’ (normally immediately after your payment), a download link will be automatically emailed to you. It’s valid for 7 days and 3 download attempts so please save a copy of the .pdf ebook in a safe place. Other versions of the ebook, where available, cannot be downloaded but will be emailed to people who request them. There’s a space to do that on the order form – where it says Additional information, Order notes (optional). If you forget, or if you have problems downloading the .pdf, don’t worry! Email us at the address on the website and we’ll help. Also, why not check out our FAQ?