An easy Italian reader by Francesca Colombo
Said to be the most famous and widely-read Italian novel, Alessandro Manzoni’s romantic blockbuster, first published in 1827, is set in the early seventeenth century during the oppressive years of Spanish rule.
Renzo and Lucia are engaged to be wed, but the comely maiden has caught the eye of the local Spanish overlord, who sends a pair of heavies to intimidate the village priest into not performing the marriage. The couple have no choice but to flee their homes in the hope of finding safety…
- .pdf e-book (+ audio available free online)
- .mobi (Kindle-compatible) and .epub (other ebook readers) available on request at no extra charge – just add a note to the order form or email us
- 8 chapters to read and listen to
- Comprehension questions to check your understanding
- Italian/English glossary of ‘difficult’ terms for the level
- Suitable for students at intermediate level or above
- Download your Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
How do I access my ebook?
When your order is ‘completed’ (normally immediately after your payment), a download link will be automatically emailed to you. It’s valid for 7 days and 3 download attempts so please save a copy of the .pdf ebook in a safe place. Other versions of the ebook, where available, cannot be downloaded but will be emailed to people who request them. There’s a space to do that on the order form – where it says Additional information, Order notes (optional). If you forget, or if you have problems downloading the .pdf, don’t worry! Email us at the address on the website and we’ll help. Also, why not check out our FAQ?