An easy Italian reader by Michela Guida
Iniziato nel 1348 all’indomani della peste, il Decameron è una raccolta di cento novelle, scritte con un linguaggio che fa del Boccaccio il vero iniziatore della prosa narrativa italiana. Le novelle sono di diversa lunghezza, narrano avventure straordinarie ma anche fatti quotidiani…
… and some of them made me laugh out loud! Picture an Italian ‘The Canterbury Tales’ and you’ll have a good idea what to expect. Our Italian-teacher writer has selected just eight of the tales for us, and rewritten them in modern Italian. Thirty pages of text and approximately forty minutes of online audio, which together offer an entertaining insight into fourteenth century Florence, and the origins of Italian literature.
- .pdf e-book (+ audio available free online)
- .mobi (Kindle-compatible) and .epub (other ebook readers) available on request at no extra charge – just add a note to the order form or email us
- 8 chapters to read and listen to
- Comprehension questions to check your understanding
- Italian/English glossary of ‘difficult’ terms for the level
- Suitable for students at intermediate level or above
- Download your Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
How do I access my ebook?
When your order is ‘completed’ (normally immediately after your payment), a download link will be automatically emailed to you. It’s valid for 7 days and 3 download attempts so please save a copy of the .pdf ebook in a safe place. Other versions of the ebook, where available, cannot be downloaded but will be emailed to people who request them. There’s a space to do that on the order form – where it says Additional information, Order notes (optional). If you forget, or if you have problems downloading the .pdf, don’t worry! Email us at the address on the website and we’ll help. Also, why not check out our FAQ?