An original Italian easy reader by Francesca Colombo
The second in a series of five ‘easy reader’ ebooks which tells the story of three generations of an Italian family that emigrates to the USA.
Libro 2 opens in the chaos of Naple’s port in 1895, moments before the sailing of a ship crammed with emigrants from some of Italy’s most desperate villages. This time the narrator is Giuliano, the family’s disabled eldest child.
Arrivati al porto di Napoli, veniamo inghiottiti dalla folla. Stringo forte la mano di mia madre, i miei due fratelli più piccoli sono aggrappati alla sua gonna. Mio padre sta dietro di me e mi spinge avanti, proteggendo la mia gamba fragile dai colpi che dà la gente.
- .pdf e-book (+ audio available free online)
- .mobi (Kindle-compatible) and .epub (other ebook readers) available on request at no extra charge – just add a note to the order form or email us
- 8 chapters to read and listen to!
- Comprehension questions to check your understanding
- Italian/English glossary of ‘difficult’ terms for the level
- Suitable for students at intermediate level or above
- Download your Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
How do I access my ebook?
When your order is ‘completed’ (normally immediately after your payment), a download link will be automatically emailed to you. It’s valid for 7 days and 3 download attempts so please save a copy of the .pdf ebook in a safe place. Other versions of the ebook, where available, cannot be downloaded but will be emailed to people who request them. There’s a space to do that on the order form – where it says Additional information, Order notes (optional). If you forget, or if you have problems downloading the .pdf, don’t worry! Email us at the address on the website and we’ll help. Also, why not check out our FAQ?