An original Italian easy reader by Francesca Colombo
Giacomo Puccini’s famous opera, first performed in Turin in 1896, here simplifed for learners of Italian (with quotes from the actual libretto!)
Christmas Eve 1830, Paris: a group of young friends – a writer, a painter, a musician and a philosopher – are hungry and cold in their shared garret. Marcello, the artist, decides to burn his landscape to warm the room, but the oil paint would smell, so Rodolfo offers his play, instead. As the chapters burn, Schaunard, the musician, arrives home. He has news!
Begin with this ‘easy reader’ ebook before watching the actual opera, or simply use this original Italian reading/listening practice material to add a little variety to your study program.
- .pdf e-book (+ audio available free online)
- .mobi (Kindle-compatible) and .epub (other ebook readers) available on request at no extra charge – just add a note to the order form or email us
- 6 chapters (based on Puccini’s Act/Scene structure) to read and listen to
- Comprehension questions to check your understanding
- Italian/English glossary of ‘difficult’ terms for the level
- Suitable for students at pre-intermediate level or above
- Download your Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
How do I access my ebook?
When your order is ‘completed’ (normally immediately after your payment), a download link will be automatically emailed to you. It’s valid for 7 days and 3 download attempts so please save a copy of the .pdf ebook in a safe place. Other versions of the ebook, where available, cannot be downloaded but will be emailed to people who request them. There’s a space to do that on the order form – where it says Additional information, Order notes (optional). If you forget, or if you have problems downloading the .pdf, don’t worry! Email us at the address on the website and we’ll help. Also, why not check out our FAQ?