An original Italian easy reader by Giovanni Galavotti
In 1960, the same year that Felini’s masterpiece ‘La dolce vita’ won the Cannes Film Festival’s ‘Golden Palm’, another Italian director, Michelangelo Antonioni, presented a movie which, though it went down badly with audiences, was admired by his peers. Fellow director, Roberto Rossellini, described it as ‘the most ‘beautiful’ film ever shown at a festival’, so it was no surprise when ‘L’avventura’ was awarded the prestigious Jury Prize.
The first part of an existentialist trilogy, the film was shot in the scenic Aeolian Islands, and on nearby Sicily. A group of friends – including Anna, her best friend Claudia, and Anna’s well-off architect boyfriend, Sandro – are holidaying on a luxury yacht. While they are moored at a tiny, uninhabited island, one of the party mysteriously disappears. A search is begun, but the weather begins to worsen…
This re-telling for learners of Italian makes a great introduction before watching the movie itself. Or simply an excellent supplement to your study program!
- .pdf e-book (+ audio available free online)
- .mobi (Kindle-compatible) and .epub (other ebook readers) available on request at no extra charge – just add a note to the order form or email us
- 8 chapters to read and listen to
- Comprehension questions to check your understanding
- Italian/English glossary of ‘difficult’ terms for the level
- Suitable for students at B1/B2 level and above
- Download your Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
How do I access my ebook?
When your order is ‘completed’, which should happen immediately after your payment is cleared, a download link will be automatically emailed to you. It’s valid for 7 days and 3 download attempts so please save a copy of the .pdf ebook in a safe place. Other versions of the ebook (.mobi/Kindle-compatible, .epub) cannot be downloaded but will be emailed to people who request them.